TCT Stainless Steel
Tungsten Carbide Tipped Stainless Steel (Sheet Metal – SM) Hole Saws are ideal for cutting high alloy and stainless steels, non-ferrous light metals and reinforced fabrics at much faster speeds than is possible with a bi-metal hole saw. Its tough tungsten carbide tipped teeth have a positive cutting angle which provides fast and efficient removal of chips and swarf. It is recommended for cutting sheet metal up to 3mm (1/8”) thick.
Important Safety Recommendations
- Should only be used to cut flat surfaces
- Maximum material thickness of 2mm for stainless steel, mild steel and non-ferrous metals
- Recommended operating speed, 850 to 1200 rpm
- We recommended saws above 50mm diameter should only be used on pillar drills. Smaller diameters can be used with both handheld drills and pillar drills
- Safety glasses and gloves are recommended
- Do not push too hard, to avoid an impact of the TCT teeth.
- Once the teeth touch the material, drill with slight steady pressure
- Split-point drill for faster penetration and self-centring helping keep the drill on target and prevent wandering
- Ideal for production cutting, and particularly suitable for use in drills with limited speed control
- Tungsten carbide tipped teeth provide superb product life and cutting performance
- Replacement pilot drills are available
- Solid one-piece construction, with complete assembly including arbor and pilot drill
- Fitted with ejector spring for easy core removal
- Step drill for faster cuts in thinner materials
- Progressive carbide tooth grind offers faster cuts with minimal snagging, better swarf removal, minimising heat build up and prolonging the saw’s life.
- New shallow gullet design increases tooth strength
- Safety stop at the base of the hole saw prevents drilling beyond the maximum cutting depth of 13mm (1/2″)
- Recommended cutting depth 3mm (1/8″)