The Starrett 798 Electronic Caliper provides an IP67 level of protection against coolant, water, dirt and dust in a hostile shop environments. In addition to being coolant and water resistant, the 798 also offers excellent protection against other contaminants.
IP67 level of protection against coolant, water, dirt and dust.
- Lightweight, ergonomic design.
- Induction type linear encoder system.
- Linear accuracy meets DIN862.
- Large, easy to read LCD display (.310 character height).
- Instant Inch/millimeter conversion reads .0005 Inch or 0.01mm.
- Zero the reading at any position.
- Automatic shutoff after 30 minutes of nonuse, without loss of position upon reactivation.
- Hardened stainless steel body (3.5mm thick).
- Fine adjustment thumb wheel and lock screw to hold the slide in position.
- Easy access to the single long life battery (3V CR2032).
- Data Output Option (798B) - Output to Starrett Data Collection Systems (DataSure) or devices that have USB compatibility (must order DataSure End Node or optional Data Output Cable).